Monday, March 13, 2017

Kiss Me I'm Irish St. Patrick's Day Card!

Hi crafty friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :) It was cold here so we stayed in on Saturday and had a crafty day - my favourite! I had downloaded this sweet Irish Kisses Digital Stamp image and sentiment from Craftin Desert Divas a while ago and figured I should put it together as a lovely card for one of my daughters! We have gotten into crafting and decorating a bit more for St. Patrick's Day the last couple years as the school always has a Leprechaun Trap contest and the girls like making some fun creations! My 10 year old actually refused to make a trap one year, but instead made a little B&B of sorts - just in case the leprechaun wanted to take a little relaxing break, lol ;)


After printing this cutie onto white cardstock I used Prismacolor and Hobby Colour Markers to colour her in. I coloured the shamrocks at the same time and then added some white gel pen highlights and a few drops of shiny Stickles.

I twirled some sparkly green thread around my fingers and tucked it under the pretty shamrock. A few lovely sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps add some more shiny fun!

Inside, I added a happy sentiment from the Lucky Pretty Cute Stamp set and a few more sequins for bling!

Even though I'm not actually Irish I thought my daughter would love this card! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any fun St. Paddy's Day plans I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating!

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday March Linky Challenge
FFC #179- AG
Word Art Wednesday #272/#273- AG 
Craftaholics R Us - March - Shades Of Green


6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Karla!! The image is adorable!! You colored her beautifully!! The papers are perfect!! What a wonderful card to celebrate St. Patty's Day!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the swirly thread you added. Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us!
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! super sweet card, luv the design and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karla!
    This is such a sweet card! What a darling image, you colored her so beautifully! Thank you so much for playing along at Jo's Scrap Shack in our Funday Friday challenge! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo-owner
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! It is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete