Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Birthday Masculine Card using Wild Whisper Products!

Hello! Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend! We celebrated my husband's birthday on Friday and I made this birthday card for him using some wonderful supplies from Wild Whisper! I layered the beautiful papers from the Focus On You 12x12 Paper Pack in the background, using more of the masculine colours in the collection, and stamped the camera and feathers from the Focus On You Wild Whisper Stamp Set using a gradient ink pad. I love that you can use all the elements from these paper packs - and the strip of cameras at the bottom of one of the patterned papers was perfect to add as a border along the top of my card! I added a sentiment from one of the Tim Holtz chit chat sticker packs and used my Dylusions Paint Pens to add some hand drawn stitching lines.


I fussy cut around the feathers and then popped one up with foam dots when I got them layered they way I wanted. I added a bit of Stickles for bling - cause every birthday needs bling! Then, I topped it with some gorgeous sequins and a cork star from SpiegelMom Scraps as well as some of the Focus On You sequins, which were designed exclusively for Wild Whisper by SpiegelMom Scraps! They coordinate beautifully with the collection!


Here's a look at the inside, where I added another of the Tim Holtz stickers and a Happy Birthday stamp from the Wish Big Pretty Cute Stamps set. I wanted to coordinate the envelope, so I used the camera from the Wild Whisper stamp set again with some of the stamps that look like a flash! P.S. I used my 3 new ink colours from the Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks for the flashes and I LOVE how these inks stamps! I'll definitely be sharing more on these as I build my collection ;)

Here's a Project Life page I made with the PL App! If you want to try the recipe for the Pumpkin Spice Bread that I used to make Mike's gluten free cake you can find it HERE.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your weekend was fantastic and you got some time for yourself!

You can follow me on social media at these links here:

Linked to:
Mojo Monday - sketch 485
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper - February Challenge
DL Art - February Linky Challenge
FFC #177- AG
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday


8 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous, Karla!! The card is beautiful!! I love the feathers and the cork star!! Love how you decorated the envelope, too!! And your PL page is gorgeous!! The pictures are beautiful!! The pumpkin spice bread looks so yummy!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome projects. The vintage look of your masculine card is fabulous. The camera and the feathers add such charm. Your project Life page is awesome. The pictures are great. Thanks for the link to the Gluten Free pumpkin bread recipe. I have a college aged nephew who is gluten free. I can add this to the group of goodies I can make for him. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome birthday card! Fun details~love the feathers and the camera~so cool! The PL page is fantastic and love all the fun pics! So sweet! Hope you hubby had a wonderful day!
    Have a sweet day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with lovely details. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazlnut's Patterned Paper Challenges.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine card! And wonderful page to tie them together! Looks like he had a wonderful day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome birthday card with lovely details! Thanks for playing with us at Jo's Scrap Shack.
    Alpna-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card. Love those feathers. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete