Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sydney's Superhero Frame!

Hi there!! I feel like last week just flew by, and I didn't get to share as many projects with you as I would have liked to... but I have been working on some fun new projects that I'll be sharing with you over the next couple weeks.

I can't wait to tell you about this frame that I made for my niece Sydney at Christmas! You may remember some great photos and layouts I shared from last spring when I threw a Superhero birthday for her. You can check out some pocket pages here as well as some pics from her party here. Well, since she loves Superheroes, I decided to give her a framed photo from that day - using this 'Super' cool scrapbook paper ;).

I started off painting a wooden frame from Michaels with red Dylusions paint on the back and around the front edges.

Then Erica helped me add Mod Podge to the front of the frame with a paintbrush. You can see we're watching crafty YouTube videos!

 Then we added the scrapbook paper, cut to size, onto the wood frame. I had a left over diecut from her party in my stash and I fussy cut some of the paper and added it on top.

On the back, I covered the paper insert with part of the scrapbook paper and added a little note.

I just love how it turned out, and Sydney loved it too!

Some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps added that last touch of bling.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your week is shaping up to be fantastic. I'd love for you to check out my newest video using some fantastic Canvas Corp Brand products - a Street Art Valentine Process Video!!

You can follow me on social media at these links here:

Linked to:
DL Art - January Linky Challenge
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper - January Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest frame, Karla!! It's absolutely perfect with the adorable picture!! I love, love it!! So fun!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable I love it. Your children are so creative and the picture is perfect with the frame!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome frame for an amazing picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really cool Karla! I can see why she loved it! This is a great gift for anyone and that paper is awesome! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this project - the frame is so much fun and matches the picture!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete