Monday, January 19, 2015

Bimini Moose Challenge - Anything Goes with an Optional Twist!

Happy Tuesday! I'm back today to bring you another Pocket Scrapbooking challenge over at BIMINI MOOSE!
Our challenge this time is...
Pocket Scrapbooking - ANYTHING GOES
With an optional twist!
Use Filler Cards with Lists!

Our challenges run for 2 weeks. This one will close on Mon, February 2 @ Noon Eastern time - giving us time to pick a Top 3 for the post the following day with our Next Challenge.

Exciting News!!
We have a FREE Digital file available for EVERYONE who enters this challenge,
created and provided by our very own Design Team Member, Mari!
Be sure to include your correct email when entering.

In addition, 
we will also be choosing one winner per challenge to receive a
FREE CUT FILE from our Sponsor 
These files are perfect to add to your Pocket Scrapbooking,
as well as your other crafting as well!
Please be sure to visit her page and show your support!

For my project this week I wanted to share my Project Life Week 1. This is my first year doing PL so I'm still on the learning curve figuring out what works best. For this week I collaged my pics in the Project Life app, putting most of them into two 3x4's, which I could cut apart or leave together. I also added some of the journalling cards (I used Midnight Edition this time), some of which I typed in the journalling on the app, and some I left plain to print with my pics . The 'hello' card below is from the Midnight Edition in the app, and I added some gems and the New Year die cut and banner from the New Year Owls SVG cut files from Kadoodle Bug Designs

I also used some of the Heidi Swapp PL journalling cards from a kit I picked up at Michaels, with a coupon, of course! I used some gold foil stickers for my WEEK card and the #1 was actually white so I sprayed it with gold spray! 


Some of the 'journalling card' backgrounds are actually just patterned papers that I cut into 4x6 rectangles and rounded the corners on. Again I used the New Year Owls cut file to add the owls, balloons, banner and party hats. For the 'Optional Twist' this week I added a Midnight Edition journalling card and a list of my New Years resolutions! I hope I can keep them - especially the crafty ones ;)

I love the way I'm capturing the moments with more journalling doing my layouts on a weekly basis. We had such a fun time on New Year's Eve - except for the part where I gave my youngest daughter a macadamia nut cookie and she started to turn red and blotchy. Luckily, it is not an anaphylactic reaction! I got some Benadryl into her and she was itchy for a day or so. Anyways.... definitely a life lesson - #1-read ingredients! and #2- refill Benadryl and check expiry dates!


Here are some closeups of the wonderful SVG cut files from Kadoodle Bug Designs (see below) our amazing sponsor!! How cute are all these adorable owls, banners, wine glasses and party hats! I sponged Pumice Stone Distress Ink around the edges of the cuts before layering them and then added them to my Project Life layout.



This is the Heidi Swapp kit - I just love the gold foil!! and a few more goodies I used on this layout. 

Be sure to pop over to Bimini Moose and check out the rest of the DESIGN TEAM and what they have created to inspire you to play along. There will be several posts on the Bimini Moose blog during our challenge, so if you want to see the current challenge, click on the CHALLENGES tab on the blog. If you want to browse through all of the posts with ideas, tutorials, and some personal layouts, click on the HOME tab on that blog.

Thanks so much for joining me!! I love seeing and hearing what you are up to and look forward to your link up - remember it can be a past or present pocket page layout, some organizing tips, or anything pocket page scrapbooking related!!

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC #71 AG
613 Avenue Create - AG
Lasting Memories - #225 Life's Lessons


10 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love your pocket page styles and how you split one card into 2 pockets. Great idea. Your KaDoodle cuts worked perfectly with this too. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW some lovely PL spreads! I really enjoy viewing people's PL layouts, they are so versatile and I love the pocket style of scrapbooking! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Jo's Funday Friday Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your pages fabulous job Karla and the owls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Beautiful PL pages! Scary life's lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project life pages! Those owl cuts are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on this spread and the little owls are so cute! I am trying to get started on PL this year - sometimes I'm a little overwhelmed with it! Thank goodness the Benadryl did the trick for your daughter.
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these pages are amazing. You were able to fit a lot on those limited space...Great work! Thanks a lot for joining our challenge this week at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really capturing alot on your PL spreads! These pages are really beautiful, and so well coordinated. Those owl cuts are definately very cute. Luckily your daughter only required benadryl - allergies can be so scary! Thankyou for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice spread. I need to get my Project Life supplies to work. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Andrea Jones
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute :)
    Thanks for joining us over at LM
    Tina C. LMDT

    ReplyDelete