Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Artsy Love Card

So, two of my go-to blogs for inspiration and great challenges both had a challenge I happened to combine this week - Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge has an Artsy Stamp challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has a Travel challenge.  

When I think of doing something Artsy, I can't help but think of Distress Inks, stencils, vintage stamps and a little mixed media. So, I combined all these elements, and the bicycle stamp and postage stamp fit the travel theme! I don't know how far I really would have wanted to travel on this particular bike, but it sure does look neat!

I stamped the bicycle and postage stamp over the background, and I used my Postage Edge scissors to trim the right side of my card base. 


For the background I first used a Distress Ink in 3 shades of blue sponged over the Tim Holtz heart stencil, and then I painted over the ink with Perfect Pearls mist to give a shimmer. Next, I layered on the Tim Holtz sunray stencil and sponged over it with Chipped Sapphire. 


I added an inspiring Tim Holtz stamped sentiment to the inside and another layered postage edged cut.


Also entered into-
Daisy Cottage Designs - Off The Hook Linky Party
Be sure to check out this site - she has amazing crochet patterns, kids crafts and recipes!

I hope life is good for you!

Happy crafting!

Karla

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card! The background looks amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete