Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 2013 Sketchy Challenge

Wow, how did December fly by so quick?!!! In November I felt like I had everything under control and now I feel like I'm scrambling.  But, of course, I have a list (a long list) so I feel like I'm progressing :).

I just had to make a layout for the December Sketchy Challenge at Canadian Scrapbooker, and I pulled out some pics I just took after an early November snow this year when the girls headed outside to play. 

Erica is so excited to get outside and experience snow, since, of course, she doesn't remember last winter! It is very exciting to say the least.  

The background paper is from the Heidi Swapp Believe collection, and the smaller patterned papers are from the Simon Says Stamp December card kit. I also used the stencil from this kit and sponged snowflakes with Distress Ink, as well as the really cute mitten stamps from the kit.


I stamped the mittens on striped paper, then the little heart stamps in the set on the mittens and used a white gel pen to highlight the zigzags. 

I used some snowflake die cuts from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, which I sponged with Distress Ink and added Stickles to.  The letters are by Kelly Purkey, included in the SSS December kit.

The little tags are cut out of the Heidi Swapp paper.
 

 Just love this little snowflake stencil, which came in the SSS Dec kit!
 

I think the snow is here to stay so I can foresee lots of snow pages this year!

Challenges:
Canadian Scrapbooker - December Sketch
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Bling it on (use something sparkly!)
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Use a stamp

Happy Holidays,
Karla

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout, it certainly looks like they're having fun in the snow! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Looks such fun !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge !

    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete