Monday, October 21, 2013

Aspen Beach

We had a gorgeous day here in Calgary, Alberta today! And, as anyone knows who lives here, you better enjoy those last few beautiful days before the snow flies! As a Nova Scotia girl who moved here in 2004 I'm still always surprised how quick fall is here.  The leaves have turned (we've already had a few snowflakes) and many trees are already bare from quite a few blustery days.

So, not wanting to forget about summer quite yet I found some summertime pics to scrapbook for the October Sketchy Challenge at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.

I love the look of the Polaroid picture frame, so this was a fun sketch to do. I even made a second page with coordinating colours to complete a two-page layout.

I sprayed some leftover packaging with pink and orange Dylusions Inks and then used a stencil and sponged on Distress Ink in Black Soot through the arrow stencils to create the banners in the background.  Of course, I had to add some Distress Inks in blue around the edges!
 I added some stencilled arrows along my journaling card and added in some chipboard arrows on my page.


I used some of the same misted cardstock packaging on my second page to tie it together along with some arrows and orange colour.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Head over to the Canadian Scrapbooker sketchy challenge to check out all the amazing inspiration!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Core'dinations
Chipboard Stickers
Title - Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers
Stencil - Crafters Workshop
Distress Inks
Dylusions Sprays
Journaling Cards - CTMH & Echo Park Happy Camper
Stickers - Imaginisce

No comments:

Post a Comment