Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 3 Journey!

I can't believe we are on the 3rd week of Summer Card Camp 2! There have been so many amazing cards that have been created.

I love this week's colour combo! 2 purples, 2 browns and a teal. I grabbed my Distress Inks and alcohol inks and got started!

I recently picked up some Specialty Stamping paper and wasn't sure if I was going to really use it a lot, but I love it :).  It takes stamped images so nicely and works with Distress techniques as well as working lovely with alcohol inks.  I first sponged Distress Inks in darker and lighter purples and Tumbled Glass blue and edged it with Corduroy Brown.  I then used Jennifer McGuire's technique (kind of!) with stamping on a greyish cardstock with white Colorbox ink and then with the blue Distress Ink with a Technique Tuesday chevron stamp.

I cut the arrows from the Specialty Stamping paper with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and used a felt applicator to apply alcohol inks in purple, blue and a shiny brass colour.  I stamped a design and a sentiment on the arrows and popped them up with foam dots after stamping a postal mark and Dream on my card.  I added Glossy Accents to the postal mark to give it a little dimension. 

It was good to step out of the box and try some colours I probably wouldn't have automatically pulled out.. 




Wishing everyone a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment