Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day!

I hope everyone here in Canada had a wonderful Canada Day today!! It was very hot here today - felt like 37 C, so we decided against taking the girls out to any festivities today and instead stayed home. Amie helped me make a Happy Canada Day banner, which I thought would work for a scrapbook page after displaying it today!  I cut out the banner pieces and letters with the Cricut and put them on a piece of kraft cardstock and used some baker's twine and some flag and maple leaf stickers.

I am way behind in scrapping, but I do have all my pics organized, so I pulled out Canada Day pictures from 2011 and used the Scrapbooker's Paradise Sketch Challenge.  I used a piece of kraft cardstock again for the background and some sparkly red cardstock to mat my pictures.  I stamped a Tim Holtz blueprint leaf stamp onto Specialty Stamping paper with Archival Ink and sprayed with both red Dylusion sprays.  After I cut out around the leaves I used brown and black Distress Inks to highlight the edges and then put them on the page, using foam tape to lift some up above the others.  I cut the numbers out with the Cricut again and used some Peel Offs white scroll stickers around the page.

It was a fun way to spend Canada Day and it was nice to get a little scrapbooking done!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for Playing in Paradise with us Karla, Such a sweet little girl Layout. I hope you are all high and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout Karla. I love your gorgeous leaves - the sprays and ink give them so much wonderful texture. Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful leaves Karla! They enhance that sweet layout perfectly! I love the elegance of the peel offs with them. So glad you Played in Paradise with us!!

    ReplyDelete