Friday, March 22, 2013

Sister Birthday

It's my beautiful sister, Jann's birthday this week and of course I needed to make her an awesome card!

I recently picked up the February 2013 issue of a UK magazine Craft Stamper with some beautiful card ideas in it, and it came with a butterfly stamp included from Darkroom Door and then a bunch of ideas for using the stamp. I just loved this card and thought it turned out quite close to how it was pictured.

I stamped off the ink once before stamping onto the background to get a much lighter impression and then blended my Distress Inks over each layer. For the very top butterfly layer I stamped and cut an extra butterfly and attached it with foam tape to give it dimension and then covered it with Glossy Accents.


I also wanted to share a Kobo Touch case I made as a gift for her. I got the pattern from the Quilt Knit Run Sew blog. This is the second one I've made and I'm so pleased with how well it turned out and how easy it was to whip up!

 
I sewed on a piece of fabric and button hole/button to keep it closed.

 
This is what it looks like open, and you slide the Kobo Touch inside the pocket on the left


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend with lots of creative inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment