Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1, Card 1

I'm taking a wonderful new class over at Online Card Classes - Pattern Play. It is a class with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner and many more fabulous people to show you some great techniques for combining patterned paper and making some amazing cards. If you haven't checked out all the wonderful classes at Online Card classes it is well worth having a look!

My card is based on a card Kristina made on Day 1. I actually used the Cricut and my Gypsy and spaced three 1"circles about a 1/2" apart, and placed a piece of 2 1/2" wide patterned cardstock on the mat, centred over the area where the circles would cut. I also cut 2 more circles a bit larger in yellow and striped and a small heart. I then used foam dots to pop up the cardstock with the circles cut out after embossing an 'S' for Stephanie (it's her birthday this month!) on the top circle and gluing the yellow and striped cardstock down. I placed a piece of green floral paper beside this and used a white gel pen to make stitching lines down each side. Lastly I tied a piece of twine around the floral paper and rounded the corners.



1 comment:

  1. This turned out just great! Love your choice of patterned paper for this card and how you personalizing it by adding your daughter's monogram. Woo-hoo fellow Canadian crafter!

    ReplyDelete