Thursday, January 17, 2013

Collage

On New Year's Day this year my beautiful sister came over and we made collages!

I've always looked at collages and wanted to try them but didn't know where to start. I recently took a brief altered book class, which used collage and just decided to dive in!

Two great books to get started are Collage Couture and Collage Workbook.




Here are our projects:
 

Jann's collage inspired by Collage Couture



My collage
A Tea Party!

We used canvas boards from Michaels, which are already primed, and put down acrylic paint. We used Mod Podge to attach photos, paper, and magazine clippings.  I also used Distress Inks and cut out a flower, butterfly, swirls and corners with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  This was sooo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment