Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It is my beautiful niece, Sydney's birthday on Thursday and she's turning 12! I can't believe it! She is so sweet and creative and always makes us the most amazing cards.

For her card this year I used a digital stamp from Heather Ellis' Etsy store, which I colored with Prismacolor markets and cut out with a spellbinders die. For the card background I stamped a background and used clear embossing powder as a resist and then used distress ink to coordinate with the colors in the stamped image. Finally the flower is made with the CTMH Art Philosophy cart and cut at 4". I added some Stickles and a pearl to the center of the flower.

Linked to Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge: http://kgiron.blogspot.ca/2012/04/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-157.html?m=1
and Paper Pastimes flower challenge:
http://www.scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.ca/2012/04/ppc-63-fabulous-flowers.html?m=1

8 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the alphabet background - and how adorable is that wee mouse? Thanks for playing in Paradise with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little card, that fairy mouse is adorable.
    Thank You for Playing in Paradise with us this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I agree...that's one cute fairy mouse. Thanks for playing in Paradise with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I think that Art Philosophy cartridge is worth the money for the flowers alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, the little mouse is adorable. Thank you for Playing in Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet and fun! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and fun card! Love your take on the sketch too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! Love the image and the rolled flower!!

    ReplyDelete